Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- For rhubarb sauce, combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with rhubarb sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Reviews for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes(4)
Sort By :
I made these pancakes for my family and they loved them! I replaced half the white flour with whole wheat.
These tasted SO BLAND! I didn't have the rhubarb, so I did not make the sauce...but they should still have some flavor..and they did not(and I had even added cinnamon to the dry ingredients). Could hardly even taste the lemon. They were also way too moist. I will not be making these again.
These were beautifully light and creamy. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again.
I made these and another ricotta pancake recipe that I had. These were the winner by far. I made them with orange juice and orange zest though because I wanted orange ricotta pancakes. They were light and moist.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Rhubarb Recipes >