I'm an avid recipe collector and can't recall where I found this one. I do know its delicate flavor is well received whenever I make it for a special occasion.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh mint and lemon slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and lemon peel. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream, ricotta, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p149
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review