Lemon Rice Recipe
This easy recipe pleasantly proves you can dress up regular rice with a few simple additions. Best of all, it can simmer while you're preparing the rest of the meal. These delicately lemon-flavored grains go nicely with fish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring water, broth, lemon juice and butter to a boil. Stir in rice, basil and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 192 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC