This easy recipe pleasantly proves you can dress up regular rice with a few simple additions. Best of all, it can simmer while you're preparing the rest of the meal. These delicately lemon-flavored grains go nicely with fish.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, broth, lemon juice and butter to a boil. Stir in rice, basil and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Rice in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p3
Reviews for Lemon Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review