- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, broth, lemon juice and butter to a boil. Stir in rice, basil and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Rice
"Huge hit with the whole family. Definitely going into the regular menu rotation, and I'm also going to try it with orange juice/zest and the Taste of Home Great Flavors Orange Pineapple Pepper."
"The rice gets it's flavor from the lemon pepper more than anything. Had no lemon flavor until I added the lemon pepper"
"This recipe was easy to prepare and we enjoyed the light lemon flavor. I served it with a roasted lemon chicken, which paired nicely."
"This was quite tasty, though the lemon flavor was a bit too strong. I made a few adjustments and when I make it again I'll adjust a bit more. Instead of butter I used olive oil (1.5 tsp is the equivalent amount). I didn't have long grain rice, I had jasmine, so I used that. My husband doesn't care for the taste of basil so I used a couple shakes of Italian seasoning instead. I just used bottled lemon juice so I didn't use the grated peel (and next time I'll use just 1 Tbsp of juice instead of 2). Lastly, instead of measuring out the lemon pepper, I just added a few shakes. I followed the cooking directions and experienced no problems. The rice came out fluffy."
"Pretty good. I wanted something with a bit more flavor than just plain rice for dinner. I liked this recipe, but I felt like it was still a little bland. Added some seasoning that had salt, garlic powder and pepper which gave it a lot more flavor."