Lemon Rice Salad Recipe
This refreshing salad is wonderful served year-round. I have taken it to potluck suppers and made it for family barbecues, picnics and dinner parties. People seem to enjoy the combination of flavors in this dish. I like that it can be made ahead and still taste like I really fussed. -Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:16-18 servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced seeded cucumbers
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine long grain and wild rice; add dressing and toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Add the cucumbers, green onions, parsley, basil and pepper; mix well. Chill for 2 hours. Fold in pecans just before serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 223 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC