This refreshing salad is wonderful served year-round. I have taken it to potluck suppers and made it for family barbecues, picnics and dinner parties. People seem to enjoy the combination of flavors in this dish. I like that it can be made ahead and still taste like I really fussed. -Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 cups diced seeded cucumbers
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- For dressing, place first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. In a large bowl, toss long grain rice and wild rice with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Stir cucumbers, green onions, parsley, basil and pepper into rice mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Lemon Rice Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p29
Reviews for Lemon Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review