Lemon Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon peel. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 7 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 93 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding
"Raisins don't belong in this dessert or any dessert as far as I'm concerned."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.