Lemon Rice Pudding
The addition of grated lemon peel adds a flavorful twist to traditional rice puddings. Everyone will savor this refreshingly creamy dessert.—Barbara Parker, Newport, New Hampshire
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid
- is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package
- directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon peel. Serve immediately
- or refrigerate. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 93 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.