Lemon Rice Pudding Recipe
The addition of grated lemon peel adds a flavorful twist to traditional rice puddings. Everyone will savor this refreshingly creamy dessert.—Barbara Parker, Newport, New Hampshire
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon peel. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 7 servings.
1/2 cup: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars, 0 fiber). Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC