The addition of grated lemon peel adds a flavorful twist to traditional rice puddings. Everyone will savor this refreshingly creamy dessert.—Barbara Parker, Newport, New Hampshire
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon peel. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Rice Pudding in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2014
"Raisins don't belong in this dessert or any dessert as far as I'm concerned."