The addition of grated lemon peel adds a flavorful twist to traditional rice puddings. Everyone will savor this refreshingly creamy dessert.—Barbara Parker, Newport, New Hampshire
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water, rice, raisins and nutmeg to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in rice mixture and lemon peel. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Rice Pudding in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2014
"Raisins don't belong in this dessert or any dessert as far as I'm concerned."