Lemon Rice Pudding Brulee Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablepoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring lemonade and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in cranberries and cooled rice.
- Divide among six 8-oz. ramekins. Place on a baking sheet. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle puddings with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the puddings, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding Brulee(1)
Sort By :
This was very tasty, but more work than I'm used to. My husband loved it and I'll be looking for more brulee recipes in the future. This was a good one to start with.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >