- 1-1/3 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablepoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring lemonade and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in cranberries and cooled rice.
- Divide among six 8-oz. ramekins. Place on a baking sheet. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle puddings with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the puddings, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Rice Pudding Brulee in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pudding Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2008
This was very tasty, but more work than I'm used to. My husband loved it and I'll be looking for more brulee recipes in the future. This was a good one to start with.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >