Lemon Rice Pilaf Recipe
Forget buying the pre-made by pilaf mix when you can make your own. The lemon add such a fresh flavor and will become a favorite in your household.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine or long grain white rice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add the rice, lemon peel, salt and pepper; toss lightly. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 155 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC