Lemon Rice Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, broth, lemon juice and butter to a boil. Stir in rice, basil and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Rice(7)
Sort By :
I cook everything with brown rice (because it's healthier) and this did NOT work. I ended up adding almost four times the amount of liquid and had it on the stove for 90 minutes and the rice still wasn't cooked. Flavors were good (but diluted) so it would probably be yummy with white, but I do not recommend making with brown.
I made Lemon Rice this evening with a lime and bacon grilled white fish. It was wonderful! The mild lemon flavor was exactly what was needed to go with this meal. My husband really enjoyed it. This was very easy to make, but would be a meal that I would serve for dinner guests! Thank you for this recipe:)
We love this recipe. I have never used the lemon peel even though I've made the recipe several times. I've even used the leftover cold rice to make pork fried rice. The lemon flavor is subtle but still perks up the dish.
I made this once before without the grated lemon peel, and it was good. But lemon peel kicks the flavor up dramatically. It went so well with my crab cakes.
I agree with the other reviewers that this rice dish has good flavor. I used brown rice and almost doubled the water and cooking time.