Lemon Refrigerator Cookies
This recipe brings back warm memories of watching my mom bake when I was a girl. To this day, the holidays wouldn't be the same without these cookies.
96 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape
- into two 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8 -in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 21-22 minutes or until
- edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8
Editor's Note: The oven temperature is correct as printed.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a