Lemon Refrigerator Cookies Recipe
This recipe brings back warm memories of watching my mom bake when I was a girl. To this day, the holidays wouldn't be the same without these cookies.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min./batch YIELD:96 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into two 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8 -in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 21-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC