- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into two 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8 -in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 21-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Refrigerator Cookies
Sort By :
"These are good. The only thing the recipe is missing is the filling to make them sandwiches. Just make a cream cheese frosting and stuff these babies."
"These cookies were so tiny - one inch in diameter. I followed the directions exactly, rolling into 2 nine-inch logs. Not sure they would bake properly if I didn't follow directions."
"The lemon is in the lemon extract."
"This is either the wrong recipe, or the wrong name. Where is the lemon??KLH"