Lemon Refrigerator Cake Recipe
The recipe comes from my church group and is a light, refreshing cake for warm-weather days.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Add lemon peel; cool. In a small bowl, whip milk. Add lemon juice and sugar; blend for 30 seconds. Fold into pudding. Carefully fold in 3/4 cup coconut. Split cooled cake into two layers; spread pudding mixture between layers on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC