- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.9 ounces) cook-and-serve lemon pudding mix
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Add lemon peel; cool. In a small bowl, whip milk. Add lemon juice and sugar; blend for 30 seconds. Fold into pudding. Carefully fold in 3/4 cup coconut. Split cooled cake into two layers; spread pudding mixture between layers on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Refrigerator Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p85
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Refrigerator Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2010
"Made this with whipping cream instead of evaporated milk. Yummy!"