Lemon Red Potatoes
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. I usually prepare these potatoes when I'm having company. Since they cook in the slow cooker, there's plenty of room on the stove for other dishes. —Tara Branham, Austin, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place
- potatoes and water in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high
- for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender (do not overcook); drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives.
- Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.