Lemon Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender (do not overcook); drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives. Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Red Potatoes
"These were really great! Did them on the stove top instead of in the slow cooker. Who ever thought that lemon and potatoes would play nice together? But they do. I threw in some of our home-grown dill as well."
"ursula Knaeusel - I will peel and cut into large pieces"
"Thank you for an excellent recipe, the potatoes cooked perfect in the slow cooker, I used a garlic herb seasoning in place of salt and pepper. Easy and delicious recipe."
"A keeper. Simple, delicious and everyone raved about the goodness."