Lemon Red Potatoes Recipe
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. I usually prepare these potatoes when I'm having company. Since they cook in the slow cooker, there's plenty of room on the stove for other dishes. —Tara Branham, Austin, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender (do not overcook); drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, lemon juice and chives. Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC