- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, yogurt, oil and lemon peel; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon/Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Sort By :
"OMG! These were just delicious! Such a light fluffy muffin . Only a few substitutions, I used fat free Greek yogurt and added a 1 tsp lemon juice and little extra lemon zest. Used a stevia baking mix instead of the sugar in the muffins, but used real sugar for the streusel, I wasn't sure if it would turn out. I also added about 2 Tbls amond milk, because the batter was a little thick, probably from the Greek yogurt. For those that said it was bland, add a little extra lemon. Will be making again and again! Thanks so much for posting :)"
"So good! I didn't have quite enough lemon yogurt and had to substitute with sour cream. It still had good lemon flavor but I look forward to making this again with the full amount of lemon yogurt the recipe suggests."
"Awesome I used blackberries instead. Delicious."
"JUST MADE THESE, THEY ARE DELICIOUS CANNOT WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND OF 48 YEARS TO TASTE,I KNOW HE WILL LIKE THIS RECIPE"
"These muffins were the best. The next day I made another batch and gave some away also"