Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1 cup batter.
- Spread remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine cream cheese and lemon curd; spoon over batter. In a small bowl, beat jam; stir in raspberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls over lemon mixture. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over top.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake
Sort By :
"Can't wait to try it"
"Lemon curd can be found at any World Market store. Can't wait to try this recipe."
"I've never heard of lemon curd...where do you get it or how do you make it?"