Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake Recipe
Buttery almond streusel tops the luscious, raspberry-studded lemon cream in these very special bars. If desired, an icing made with 1 cup powdered sugar and 3 teaspoons lemon juice may be drizzled over the cooled bars.Jeanne Holt, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1 cup batter.
- Spread remaining batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the cream cheese and lemon curd; spoon over batter. In a small bowl, beat jam; stir in raspberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls over lemon mixture. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over top.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p74
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Lemon Cake >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >