Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1 cup batter.
- 2. Spread remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine cream cheese and lemon curd; spoon over batter. In a small bowl, beat jam; stir in raspberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls over lemon mixture. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over top.
- 3. For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece equals 282 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.