My family celebrates Christmas and Easter with a really big brunch. It's getting harder and harder to find new recipes, so I made this one up. My family loves berry muffins, and these rate among our favorites.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a
- small bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon extract. Stir into
- flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-22 minutes or until center of muffin springs back
- when lightly touched. Yield: 15 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 198 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.