Lemon Raspberry Jumbo Muffins Recipe
These are my favorite muffins because they can be made with blueberries instead of raspberries with the same delicious results. Friends often request the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 jumbo muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC