Lemon Raspberry Jumbo Muffins
These are my favorite muffins because they can be made with blueberries instead of raspberries with the same delicious results. Friends often request the recipe.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, oil and extract. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for
- 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield:
- 8 jumbo muffins.
Editor's Note: Sixteen regular-size muffin cups may be used; bake for 18-20 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.