This attractive layer cake tastes as good as it looks. It's special enough for company, but you'll have to convince your guests it's light! —Heidi Scott, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, egg white, water and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat first four frosting ingredients until smooth. Beat in enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with spreadable fruit. Top with second layer; frost top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Raspberry-Filled Cake in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p61
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Raspberry-Filled Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review