Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sesame seeds, wheat germ and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Immediately fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate.
- 5. Meanwhile, drain raspberries, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set raspberries aside.
- 6. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in lemon juice. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in raspberries. Spoon over pie. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 412 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.