Springtime sweets aren’t any more appealing than Lemon Raspberry Cake shared by Eden Atkerson of Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place a bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fifth of the jam. Repeat layers four times. Top with remaining cake.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Raspberry Cake in Light & Tasty
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Raspberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"I made this for my family reunion, delicious!!! Very easy."
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"Healthy? 1 slice is almost 600 calories?"