Springtime sweets aren’t any more appealing than Lemon Raspberry Cake shared by Eden Atkerson of Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine milk and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place a bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fifth of the jam. Repeat layers four times. Top with remaining cake.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Frost top and sides of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Raspberry Cake in Light & Tasty
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Raspberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"I made this for my family reunion, delicious!!! Very easy."
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"Healthy? 1 slice is almost 600 calories?"