- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon juice and peel.
- Divide chilled dough into thirds. Roll out a portion at a time on a
- lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 2-1/2-in.
- circles. Place 1 teaspoon filling on half of the circles; top with
- remaining circles. Pinch edges together to seal; place on greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. (Use any leftover filling in tarts or as a dessert sauce
- over cake.) Yield: about 4 dozen.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze cookies in airtight containers or freezer bags; thaw as needed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.