“I found this recipe in a newspaper and make it often,” says Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin. “I like to bake this coffee cake when unexpected company stops in and I need something speedy to go with a cup of coffee.”
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters; toss with sugar mixture. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p31
Reviews for Lemon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review