Lemon Pudding Souffles Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Coarse sugar, edible pansies and fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the milk, butter, flour and salt. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg white into lemon mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg white until combined.
- Divide between two ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar, and garnish with pansies and mint. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Souffles(2)
Sort By :
I've made this several times. I don't use the edible flowers. But I love the souffles. And they are very easy to make.
I've made these Lemon Pudding Souffles several times, and we love them. Elegant, delicious, and super easy!! Give this a try, you won't be sorry!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >