Lemon Pudding Dessert
After a big meal, folks really go for this light lemon treat. The shortbread crust is the perfect base for the fluffy top layers. I've prepared this sunny dessert for church suppers for years and always get recipe requests.
-Muriel Dewitt, Maynard, Massachusetts
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- In a bowl, cut butter into the flour until crumbly. Press into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22
- minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup
- whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Carefully spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining
- whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 325 calories, 20 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.