After a big meal, folks really go for this light lemon treat. The shortbread crust is the perfect base for the fluffy top layers. I've prepared this sunny dessert for church suppers for years and always get recipe requests. -Muriel Dewitt, Maynard, Massachusetts
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- In a bowl, cut butter into the flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pudding Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review