Lemon Pudding Cups
Love lemon? This delightful dessert from Dolly Jones of Highland, Indiana is sure to satisfy. "This recipe is a favorite from my mother's church cookbook," notes Dolly. The sherbet-gelatin mixture, with little flecks of lemon peel, is light and creamy. With a dollop of reduced-fat whipped topping, the fast-to-fix cups are attractive enough to serve guests.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Slowly stir in
- the sherbet, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour into six dessert cups.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped topping.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup with 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 84 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.