Lemon Pudding Cake
My husband, Lloyd, loves this cake since it tastes like lemon meringue pie. It's little fuss and makes just enough for the two of us.Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk. Add sugar, milk, flour, lemon juice, peel
- and salt; beat until smooth. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form;
- gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz.
- custard cups (cups will be very full). Place the cups in an 8-in.
- square baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 in.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve with whipped
- cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a