Lemon Pudding Cake Cups
A teenage reader shares this lemony treat for two. "I'm 14 and I love to cook," says Katie Anderson from Spokane, Washington. "This is one of my favorite desserts...it's so easy to make!"
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another
- small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into
- lemon mixture.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a
- shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer
- reaches 170°. Allow to cool in water bath for 10 minutes before
- carefully removing cups to a wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 230 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.