A teenage reader shares this lemony treat for two. "I'm 14 and I love to cook," says Katie Anderson from Spokane, Washington. "This is one of my favorite desserts...it's so easy to make!"
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Allow to cool in water bath for 10 minutes before carefully removing cups to a wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pudding Cake Cups in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p56
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Cake Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review