A teenage reader shares this lemony treat for two. "I'm 14 and I love to cook," says Katie Anderson from Spokane, Washington. "This is one of my favorite desserts...it's so easy to make!"
Recommended: Top 10 Light Dessert Recipes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a shallow baking dish; add 1 in. of hot water to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°. Allow to cool in water bath for 10 minutes before carefully removing cups to a wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pudding Cake Cups in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p56
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Cake Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2010
"This was so easy to make. I used Stevia (1/2 the amount of sugar) & skim milk. It is so light and wonderfully tart. Thanks for the recipe, Katie ~ Good job!"