Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe
My husband, Lloyd, loves this cake since it tastes like lemon meringue pie. It's little fuss and makes just enough for the two of us.Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk. Add sugar, milk, flour, lemon juice, peel and salt; beat until smooth. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups (cups will be very full). Place the cups in an 8-in. square baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pudding Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >