Lemon Pound Cake Muffins Recipe
I make these lemony muffins for all kinds of occasions. My family always requests them when we have a brunch. They’re so good! —Lola Baxter, Winnebago, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC