Lemon Pound Cake Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 311 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
"Very tasty. I love the glaze on top!"
"Love this recipe "
"I won't make these again. They are a bit dry and just so-so tasting."
"I was worried after reading that first comment, that these wouldn't turn out right. Then I was worried when I saw how thick the batter was, but chalked it up to using sour cream instead of milk in the recipe. They turned out great! not too sweet, great for breakfast. They weren't the most moist, but next time I may try to take them out of the oven sooner. I baked them exactly 18 minutes. I will be making these again!"
"This is an excellent muffin! Very moist. The last reviewer must have made a mistake. I like to add some blueberries and I omit the glaze."
"These were dry and just bland. I can't believe this is a contest winning recipe. Did you even try these when you did the contest? Very disappointing!!!!"
"My family is in love with these muffins and requests them often. YUMMY! :)"
"These are very good, did add a little more lemon extract.. As the recipe name states, they are like poundcake. so they are dense. very nice."
"These are very tasty and I love the lemon flavor but I added a little lemon zest and increased the lemon extract to 1 tsp. Usually when I make a glaze for muffins or breads, I only make 1/2 a recipe because it's plenty, as I did in this recipe."
"These were delicious and they make a great breakfast muffin. I did use 1 tsp of lemon extract instead of 1/2 tsp which gave it a nice subtle lemon taste. I also increased the lemon juice to 3tbs and 1tsp which was a bit too much...I'll keep it at 3tbs next time. I would make these again."
"They have a subtle flavor but I find them to be delicious. Have made many times but do heat them for better flavor and texture."
"wish I had done what the other poster did with the yogurt and zest. Made as the recipe calls for muffins had little lemon flavor by themselves. The drizzle helped. They came out VERY dense, but still tasted ok with a cup of coffee. I would not be in a hurry to make these again."
"These are great. I like a little more lemon so I use lemon yogurt instead of sour cream and add zest of 1 lemon."