- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake Muffins
"Very tasty. I love the glaze on top!"
"Love this recipe "
"I won't make these again. They are a bit dry and just so-so tasting."
"I was worried after reading that first comment, that these wouldn't turn out right. Then I was worried when I saw how thick the batter was, but chalked it up to using sour cream instead of milk in the recipe. They turned out great! not too sweet, great for breakfast. They weren't the most moist, but next time I may try to take them out of the oven sooner. I baked them exactly 18 minutes. I will be making these again!"
"This is an excellent muffin! Very moist. The last reviewer must have made a mistake. I like to add some blueberries and I omit the glaze."