Lemon Potato Salad
Of all the dishes served at my wedding, this fresh-tasting salad was the favorite among guests. It's a nice alternative to mayonnaise-based potato salads.Nicole Evans Groth, Bloomington, Indiana
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; add green onions. In a
- small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato
- mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 173 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.