"These chops can simmer all day on low and be super-tender by dinnertime," assures Barbara De Frang of Hazen, North Dakota. "I serve them with a crisp salad and macaroni and cheese as a side dish."
- 4 bone-in pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Place the pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion and lemon. Sprinkle with brown sugar; drizzle with ketchup.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pork Chops in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lemon Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review