Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles
Lemon comes through nicely in these poppy seed-dotted waffles from our home economists. They used a convenient biscuit mix to speed up prep.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and oil. In a small
- bowl, combine the club soda, lemon juice and vanilla; gradually stir
- into biscuit mixture until smooth. Gently fold in poppy seeds.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 356 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.