Lemon-Poppy Seed Doughnut Holes Recipe
The tender texture and light lemon flavor of these irresistible gems make them a hit at breakfasts and brunches—or even as snacks.—Lee Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, butter, lemon peel and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over doughnut holes. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 doughnut hole equals 133 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Poppy Seed Doughnut Holes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC