Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, cream, lemon juice, peel and poppy seeds. Beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 251 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.