Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
The days that I have extra time for baking are few and far between. That's why this extra-quick bread is perfect. You and your family will love the ease of preparation and the delicious flavor.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and
- oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire
- rack. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.