Lemon Plum Sorbet
This brightly flavored fruit sorbet will surely refresh. Enjoy it plain or add to a slice of angel food cake for a special treat. —Eirianedd Simpson, Pahrump, Nevada
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 8 medium plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add plums; cover
- and boil for 30-45 seconds. Drain and immediately place plums in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry. When cool enough to handle, remove skins.
- Cut in half; remove pits.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice and peel; set aside
- to cool.
- Place the plums in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and
- process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer puree to an 8-in.-
- square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir.
- Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 310 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium,