This brightly flavored fruit sorbet will surely refresh. Enjoy it plain or add to a slice of angel food cake for a special treat. —Eirianedd Simpson, Pahrump, Nevada
- 8 medium plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add plums; cover and boil for 30-45 seconds. Drain and immediately place plums in ice water. Drain and pat dry. When cool enough to handle, remove skins. Cut in half; remove pits.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice and peel; set aside to cool.
- Place the plums in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer puree to an 8-in.- square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Plum Sorbet in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p57
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Plum Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review