- 8 medium plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add plums; cover and boil for 30-45 seconds. Drain and immediately place plums in ice water. Drain and pat dry. When cool enough to handle, remove skins. Cut in half; remove pits.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice and peel; set aside to cool.
- Place the plums in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Transfer puree to an 8-in.- square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Plum Sorbet
Sort By :
"Instead of using the 1 cup of water, I used buttermilk for tang as well as cut some of the sweet taste. also, I used our ice cream freezer instead of putting it into the freezer. Made it taste more like sherbet instead of a sorbet. YUMMY!"
"Great flavor, would've given 5 stars, but this recipe was way too sweet. Will definitely make again only next time I'll use half the sugar"