Lemon-Plum Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons lemonade
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Sprinkle roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in the remaining ingredients. Stir until heated. Pour over roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a bowl. Skim fat. In a small saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
One 3-ounce cooked portion with 1/3 cup gravy (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 269 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.