Lemon-Plum Pork Roast Recipe
My mother often served this recipe for Sunday dinner. The drippings make a delicious gravy. (Leftovers would be wonderful in the recipe below.)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons lemonade
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in the remaining ingredients. Stir until heated. Pour over roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a bowl. Skim fat. In a small saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Plum Pork Roast in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p186
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lemon-Plum Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review