Lemon Pistachio Wreaths Recipe
I have made these fun and festive wreaths for the past few years. The zest from the lemon and crunch from the pistachios create a hard-to-resist sweet.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 to 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Pistachio Wreaths
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC