Lemon Pirouettes Recipe
When you've had your fill of chocolate, indulge in one of these refreshing and dainty pirouettes. White candy coating and toasted coconut give each cookie an extra special touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Using a pencil, draw three 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in the butter, lemon peel and extracts. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons batter over each circle. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Working quickly, loosen cookies from parchment paper with a thin spatula and roll up. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Pirouettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p78
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pirouettes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >