- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Using a pencil, draw three 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in the butter, lemon peel and extracts. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons batter over each circle. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Working quickly, loosen cookies from parchment paper with a thin spatula and roll up. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Pirouettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p78
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pirouettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >